Become a Reporter
Global Press Institute offers a training-to-employment program for women in developing media markets. Applicants should be aware that we only open news bureaus in select countries each year. No prior journalism experience is required as we offer all trainees our original, award-winning journalism training program. Applicants should be aware that if selected they will be offered full or part-time employment at the completion of the training program so must have a minimum of 20 hours per week to dedicate to the GPI contract.
Complete the form to start your journey to becoming an ethical, investigative reporter covering your community for the world.
- No prior journalism experience is required.
- English language skills are not required to join our team of reporters.
- The main requirements are basic literacy skills in your native language and the ability to discover unique and important story ideas in your community.
1. United States of America — For the first time our history we are opening news bureaus in the United States, on select Native American reservations! Tribal nations include: Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, South Dakota, USA; Cherokee Nation, Tahlequah, OK; Blackfeet Indian Reservation, Montana. Applicants should apply by March 1. Training start date is April 10.
2. India —GPI is expanding operations in India. Women nationwide should apply by March 1.
3. Bangladesh — GPI is expanding operations in Bangladesh. Women in Chittagong should apply by March 1.
4. Zimbabwe— GPI is expanding operations in Zimbabwe. Women in Harare or Bulwayo should apply by May 1, 2016.
5. Zambia — GPI is expanding operations in Zambia. Women nationwide should apply by May 1, 2016.
6. Mongolia — GPI is opening a new news bureau in Mongolia. Women nationwide should apply by July 1, 2016.